|A summer day at Preble Cove on Great Cranberry Island, Maine.|
- Intro to hydrokinetics: a description of hydrokinetics, and examples of projects
- Permits and licenses: what kind of federal energy approvals do projects need?
- Issued preliminary permits for inland projects: mostly on the lower Mississippi River, but also Alaska, Arizona, and Michigan
- Issued preliminary permits for marine projects: mostly North Atlantic tidal, some Pacific wave-based
- Pending applications for preliminary permits: almost all for lower Mississippi, but also riverine in NY and NJ, and tidal in NJ and Massachusetts
- Issued licenses for hydrokinetic projects: one riverine project operating, one Pacific wave project surrendered
- Pending applications for licenses: one Pacific wave, one Maine tidal