A panel of solar policy experts shared their perspectives on the issues facing Maine. The panel included:
- Timothy Schneider, Maine Public Advocate
- Fortunat Mueller, ReVision Energy's co-founder
- Brian Conroy, Avangrid's Director of Network Projects & Initiatives
- Rep. Sara Gideon, Assistant Majority Leader in the Maine House of Representatives
- Chris Rauscher, Sunrun's Director of Public Policy
The event also featured Preti Flaherty's launch of its First Light initiative. Grounded in the Preti team’s experience helping consumers benefit from distributed or “behind the meter” generation, the firm has created a special focus on the commercialization of solar power by and for all consumers. This strategic initiative will help qualified new entrants, as well as larger, existing companies, navigate legal and business challenges to harness the power of the sun. It will also help site owners participate in solar energy as project hosts, through site leasing and power purchase agreements or other arrangements. Contact Todd Griset for more information about qualifying for the Preti First Light program.